Monday, November 28, 2011

Google Maps of Your Encounters


Uencounter.me is an interesting application that allows you to build a social network around the important geographical locations in your life.

At the heart of the application is the My Encounter Map, a Google Map of the places you have lived and worked, the important people you have met at different locations and other locations that have been important in your life.

The social aspect of uencounter.me comes from comparing your Encounter Map with the Encounter Maps of your friends. Uencounter.me allows users to overlay another user's map on top of their own; allowing users to identify when they may have been in the same place at the same time. Furthermore, uencounter.me allows the user to identify how their links are connected – bringing the concept of 'six degrees of separation' to life.

No comments: